1) Who We Are
We are EFS Global Group. Our registered head office is at Phoenix Way, Burnley, BB11 5SX
2) Why we use personal data
2.1 Our services
We collect personal data to provide you with the services you wish to receive:
- To supply our services/goods
- To send you service-related emails and text messages relating to your booked services/goods
The types of data we collect will depend on the service, but will usually include
- Your name
- Company Name
- Invoice Address
- Registered Address
- Email address
- Landline Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Proof of delivery signature
- IP Address
- Vehicle Registration and Data
We use all of this personal data because it is necessary to either set up or operate our contract with you. If we need to use service-related data for any other purpose, we will contact you to discuss this.
2.2 Customer service centre
If you call our customer service centre, we may record your call if you give us consent to do so. These recordings are used for training and quality control purposes.
We may send you marketing by post or email where we think our services will be beneficial to you. You will always be able to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
Marketing is sent on the basis of our legitimate interests. We have carried out a Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) where necessary to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests, ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
2.4 Data about your customers
We may process personal data about your customers for fulfilment services – we are a data processor for this data, and you are responsible for ensuring that they are aware that you have provided us with this data.
3) Third Party Recipients
EFS Global uses selected third parties to provide our services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Your personal information may be provided to:
- Our network of delivery partners – we may pass data about you to a delivery partner – a full list of our delivery partners can be supplied on request or ask us when booking the job.
- Selected third parties – we may need to use a subcontractor to complete your delivery – ask us if you would like to know how they are selected
We may be required to provide data to the police, other law enforcement agencies, customs, or fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of crime detection, prevention and/or legal proceedings. We will do so where we have a legal obligation to do so.
4) Keeping Data
We retain personal information for only as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep details of your delivery for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. We destroy the personal information element of your delivery after two years.
5) Your Rights
If we have obtained your consent to use personal data, you can withdraw it at any time and we will stop using it. If data is being used for the purposes of a contract, we will need to keep using it until the contract is fulfilled.
You can request:
- A copy of data we hold about you. (Access)
- Corrections of any inaccurate data that we hold about you (Rectification)
- That any data we hold about you is erased; this does not apply where we have a legal obligation to keep it, or where it might be necessary for any legal claim (Erasure)
- That we stop using data where we do not have a legal or contractual need to do so (Objection)
We only process personal data as set out in this privacy notice. If you want to exercise your rights or are unsatisfied with how we have handled information about you, please contact us at:
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office